Main Menu
Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - Rupert

#1
Traffic / Re: Google says the hook is set.
October 06, 2026, 08:32:45 AM
It still does not look expensive, either tier.
#2
Blimey!  Best of luck! I think you are past needing luck now, and hard work to get your strength back will be the answer.  Those infections are horrible.
#3
Water Cooler / Re: Quotes that hit home
September 24, 2026, 08:09:27 PM
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see"


A famous quote widely attributed to Mark Twain, though it was actually written by 19th-century author Christian Nestell Bovee whoever he was.
#4
Hardware & Technology / Re: Win 11: Point-in-time restore
September 20, 2026, 06:07:26 AM
QuoteAnyway... I've gotten lazy, b
Me too.
A new PC recently, and I only had a 10 YEAR OLD copy of my music files..... loads lost. most of the important stuff saved. 
One HD failed to spin up, a friend I gave a copy to had lost it, but I managed to drag a few files off the damaged HD with software. Its of far more value to me than the films I have. No idea why I managed not to back up properly, except I got lazy.
#5
Hardware & Technology / Re: Hermes Agent, LLMs and SLMs
September 13, 2026, 05:59:23 AM
I am impressed, and as I read, my mind was going the same way. The difficult bit from my perspective is reaching the customers. What are you thinking, offering a free service at a basic level, and subscription for more?

Also, are your customers likely to share your tool? In the construction one I would guess they will be in competition, so are unlikely to want to share it; with the commercial vehicle one, they are more likely to be in touch and share a good resource.

  I am not sure I fully understand the plan for that one, but if drivers/managers can share useful tools that helps I would think.

I think what you are doing is as usual beyond me!  Its awesome!
#6
Of course he liked it, he is your dad after all :)
#7
And a Happy Birthday from me !  A Grand age.
#8
Water Cooler / Re: Car Colors By Year
August 02, 2026, 04:37:26 AM
Financed cars in the UK are usually white.
#9
I think that just repeats what we already knew?

If eating UPF, we as humans eat more and have less fibre and other good things in our diet. We don't know what the chemicals are likely to do, but my choice is I only have one life to live, so why risk it if I don't have to.

If I had Crones decease I  might have to eat more UPF.

Pringles are food, but never going to be the best food, as they are designed to stop you feeling full.

We all know this.  The chemicals are a side show.  Now we definitely need to know about the impact of the chemicals, to know if they should be used at all. But that's different. 

Am I wrong?
#10
That very much ties up with my experience.

I already find I say: I want one of these what's the best, or the cheapest or the most efficient.

Then I will throw in:  and how does this one compare, what are the different features and the different benefits.

Then I check to see if the product works for me and if I can put up with the downsides.

AI is proving to be a great product research tool.

How a business manages that easily to change SEO massively.

You must be very interesting times in that space.



#11
Hardware & Technology / Re: Power Tools
June 30, 2026, 05:14:36 AM
Glad I just invested in some Makita
#12
Water Cooler / Re: Quotes that hit home
June 06, 2026, 07:24:30 PM
Quote of the day by Anthropic CEO Dario Amodei: "Humanity is about to be handed almost unimaginable power, and it is deeply unclear whether [we] possess the maturity to wield it" — warnings on the looming threat of beyond-human AI
#13
Water Cooler / Re: Optimization costs me joy
June 06, 2026, 07:20:51 PM
 :D
#14
Interesting name choice! Probably only to me, but certainly unusual.

I guess it was a word not often used.

I start with www.which.net
#15
Hardware & Technology / Re: In the age of AI...
May 25, 2026, 05:22:11 AM
Quote from: ergophobe on May 23, 2026, 08:50:18 PMWhy have Gemini create a QR code?

Why not? Its an easy part of the prompt. It can either do the job or not at all. Why can it not go to the code (website) and get it done.


If your prompt is by voice, then you just ask. The word is that AI is taking all sorts of jobs, inc accountants.  It seals well with data.